2575 McCabe Way, Irvine, Ca
Jamboree Road and the 405 freeway by Hotel Irvine
Flipping 101 with Scott Mednick, founder of OCREForum
Click here to register
Learn what HGTV does NOT tell you about flipping homes. Your speaker will be me, Scott Mednick President of OCREForum.com. I will share what you need to know to flip in today’s market – and how I got this Corvette included with one of my flips. Either with or without capital, you can make good money flipping in Orange County.
I have been in real estate for over 30 years in both commercial and residential. First, I am a general contractor and learned how to remodel homes in the mid 1990’s. I was hired as a general contractor for banks such as World Savings, Great Western Bank, Wells Fargo, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Home Savings and the list goes on. I remodeled over 2000 homes and really learned what works in a remodel. I also saw what sold fast in a bad market in the mid 1990’s.
Since 1997, I have flipped a lot of homes, either as fixers or new construction. I have bought homes off the court house steps, I have bought homes from realtors, I have bought homes from homeowners at the kitchen table. I know what works and I don’t over pay for any home. But my expertise is how fast I can make up my mind that I buy or don’t buy a home. 11 minutes is all I need on most homes. That is 5 minutes on the computer to comp out the home and 6 minutes walking the home to calculate costs and potential profit.
Here is what I will share with you:
• How to find the best Zip codes to invest in here or anywhere in the US
• How to find the money you need to start your first deal
• Some of my mistakes and how I still made a lot of money
• How I recently bought a home and got a Corvette with the deal
• How to hire and fire contractors when things go wrong
• How to make more money on every flip then your competition
• What to do when your flip does not sell, the market may be changing soon
• How to pre-sell your flip for more money
• How to buy a home in 11 minutes and not change your mind
• How to buy on leased land and still make money
• How I put a seller in bankruptcy and almost lost $50k, but I got the home.
• When you should add square footage or just rehab
• What your competition is doing today that maybe crushing you
• How to talk to hard money lenders
• How to talk to sellers in crisis
• Should you get your real estate license?
• Home inspectors- are they your friend?
• Home staging, is it worth the $$